Revkjarla from RevGals offers this week’s Friday Five:
Without further ado, here is the Friday Five Random-Style meme for you on this September morning!
1. What is one of the best things that happened to you this week? I finished my first paper proposal for a conference. Even though I won’t find out until some time in mid-December who will be presenting, it’s still been a good experience.
2. If you were in a Ms., Miss, Mr. (name your country) Pageant, what would your talent be? Hmmm… I think I’d be like Miss Congeniality and find an unusual musical talent.
3. You were just given a YACHT!!! What would you name it, and why? The Von-Puke. (I have this problem with getting seasick easily…)
4. If you were to perform in a circus, what would you do? I’d put on my best spangly suit, get the cats and we’d do an animal act. Polgara would growl like a gremlin – it’s quite impressive, actually. Tiria would go into “invisi-cat” mode. Henry would get in a box and go to sleep. I think it would last all of 30 seconds and then I’d never have to do THAT again.
5. What do you have in your bag/wallet/backpack that best describes your personality? My iPhone with its eclectic collection of apps, music and calendar notations. Everything from Hildegard of Bingen to Angry Birds! 🙂
Congrats on getting your paper proposal in! That alone is a feat worthy of celebration, regardless of outcome (although I wish you well on that). It’s amazing how many of us connect with Miss Congeniality!
fun! I love the circus act…. and forgot about Miss Congeniality movies, which were so great. Congrats on finishing the proposal, and I hope you get to present!!!!
I loved your ideas and am so so glad you finished your proposal!! I never managed to and have left that Master’s in Theology by the wayside because of that. I hadn’t connected with the movie character of Miss congeniality until I saw your pic. Thanks for helping me to get it! I like that your Iphone has so many apps–if you play Words with Friends, connect with me as JaninTX.
your circus act and your playlist–fabulous! thanks for playing; peace.
Congrats on the proposal! And I love the idea of an animal act. I don’t think my cat, whose greatest ability seems to be “play slug” would impress anyone, though.
I think my cats would chase each other around the circus tent and run across everything and everybody. My dogs would lick everybody and yes – that would be it about too.
Congrats on the proposal.
woohoo, congrats on the proposal being done!
I love your cats’ names.
Thanks for sharing!