It’s a Christmas Meme – just some fun things to share about your Christmastime traditions…
1. Eggnog or hot chocolate? Chocolate all the way… with whipped cream on top!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa doesn’t do squat. I have to wrap them.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White – I know, I know, that’s boring… but it’s a long story… they were on sale, see… and…
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No… no particular reason… I just don’t.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I can after Thanksgiving but before December 24th… There’s no set time. It helps if it isn’t freezing cold (like today!)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Well, I never! There are holiday dishes that AREN’T desserts??
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Being with my whole family – grandparents, parents, sibs, and the happy madhouse of it all.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? There’s a secret? What did he do?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. Usually I am still wrapping!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Oh, it is a Ralph Lauren designer tree. Completely color-coordinated with computer programmed lights, plaid bows, matching ornaments and it rotates on a stand like one of those department store trees. …NOT!! It has lights of many colors, lots of ornaments – some homemade, some gifts, some I just wanted for ME. It has silver ‘beads’ because one of the girls saw them one year and thought that they were pretty. It has a plug in star on the top from my family’s tree.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Neither – I just deal with it. When it falls – shovel it. Drive carefully and play as much as I can.
12. Can you ice skate? I CAN… but DO I? Not any more – these knees are too old.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Don’t know as I have one. I have been given many lovely things.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Time with family, worship and probably sleeping in.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Definitely those tea cakes covered in powdered sugar… yummmmm!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching the kids enjoy the lights the first time the tree is decorated and turned on. And Christmas Eve when we celebrate the birth of the Christ Child.
17. What tops your tree? A star with lights. Hopefully not the cats!
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
The Cradle Hymn. (The traditional melody is a Kentucky folk tune. You can find the music here! )
20. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Real peppermint ones? YUM. The ones that are red and white striped and taste like soap? YUCK.
21. Favorite Christmas movie? Charlie Brown
22. What do you leave for Santa? The credit card bills… he never takes them!
Your turn – re-post as “Christmas Meme!”
From our home to yours-