I wasn’t much for today’s prompt from the NaBloPoMo folks. So I’m doing my own.
What do you do when you’re “trumped?” When you’ve hit that point in the Game where your bluff just got called? When it’s just not going to be a “thumbs up” kinda day?
Depends, you know. Sometimes it just takes a shrug of the shoulders. And other times you know it will take a while to retrench and get a “do-over.” I was thinking of my “altar ego” Geraldine, and what happened when she met the Archbishop of Canterbury:
Why do I bring this up? Because today was one of those days where I felt as though I had hit a wall in everything I tried. As the day wore one, one little thing piled up after another. None of them were HORRIBLE, mind you. It was just the accumulation of “craptastic” moments that made me want to either punch something or laugh.
I laughed. A lot.
- We had a miscommunication on the high school exam chauffeur schedule.
- I read 2 chapters for my on-line class in medical ethics. They were the wrong chapters.
- I called in a refill. For the wrong prescription.
- I applied for a job. And it is already filled.
- Some changes in my workplace are decidedly not positive. Let’s just leave it at that.
- I planned dinner only to find out we had only one of the 3 required ingredients.
- I went for groceries and thought that I had lost all of my extra bags. Turned out the bagger just put a bunch of groceries on top of them. This after I grumbled and whined all the way home about it.
- And… yes. Ending my day, I just stepped in a pile of cat hork.
I’m done. Kaput. Finished. Folded. Out. And some days are like that.
Let’s try again tomorrow, shall we?