In my neck of the woods folks who have children of a certain age are doing a dead sprint through end of school year activities: piano recitals, baseball tournaments, travel soccer games, gymnastics meets, dance recitals, graduations, band concerts, field trips and end-of-the year fill in the blank.
I’m ready for Summer. True, I still have to work, but I’m ready for a different rhythm, some more free space to do stuff and the trips we have planned.
Please tell us five things you are doing this Summer.
1. I have some serious writing to do this summer: a professional paper, a potential journal article, and beginning to do some research on a book idea.
2. Doing the college tour through PA and lower New England.
3. Helping two student drivers work on getting hours towards their licenses.
4. Coordinating summer school, summer jobs and life in general.
5. Getting some serious downtime at the beach with extended family and just us’ns.
BONUS: One thing you’re not doing, but WANT to be doing.
I’d like a regular, mostly daytime hours chaplain job. It hasn’t happened yet. God’s timing. God’s place. Until then, I’ll look for as many days as I can to stick my toes in the sand….