Kathrynzj from RevGals writes:
There’s a birthday for an adult member of my family today. I will admit, I’m not very good at celebrating birthdays. Sadly, the adults in my life have suffered from this affliction. I do manage to rally for my son (now age 7).
I could bore you with my own personal history of birthday laments which may have led to this attitude… but I won’t (you’re welcome). Instead I’d love to hear your birthday memories.
1) What is the first birthday you remember? Counting the candles, I was 7. 🙂 I “shared” my birthday with my maternal grandmother, whose birthday was on Flag Day two days after mine.
2) Do you recall a favorite gift? Pre-teen years, it was a collection of horse figurines, acquired one at a time for birthdays and Christmas.
3) Has anyone ever tried to surprise you for your birthday? Did it work? Was it fun? Yes I had a surprise party sprung on me. And no it wasn’t fun. I was tired, sweaty and ready to go to sleep after a 12 hour shift. My roommates had a surprise party and they were all cool, collected and well-groomed. They also invited someone who had a crush on me and I had turned him down several times. He thought his being invited meant I really WAS interested. It was awkward. NOT. A. FAN.
4) Do you have a favorite birthday dessert? Anything as long as it’s chocolate. Or… maybe Reedy Girls amazing Creme Brulee!
5) Describe what would be your ‘perfect birthday’. Frankly? A house elf to clean my house and get rid of all of the junk. And after I get back from a day at the beach where I’ve spent the day napping and enjoying fruity adult beverages of choice with little umbrellas in them, a steak dinner with my family. (Never mind that the closest beach is about 4 hours away!)
When that little house elf is done at your place…send ’em on to mine?
Great description of the perfect birthday. Thanks for playing!
Love the picture. Seems we all had one (at least) of those haircuts sometime. Let me know when you find the house elf, would love to share.
yes! to your perfect b’day 🙂 EnJoy!
Ah, yes, the house elf! And the perfect birthday sounds just that.
the horse figurines sound wonderful and It’s consoling to read about another unfun surprise party. thanks for playing!
A house elf??? I want one too. Do house elves clean out litter boxes?