Friday Five: Recommendation Edition
Woot! I finished the first part of my CPE consultation papers! And before I crawl into bed, I’m going to play the Friday Five. Because it is, sadly, already Friday.
So, it’s the time of year I get inundated with requests for recommendations for students that are looking to be camp counselors. So in honor of camp counselors everywhere, today’s Friday Five is the Recommendation edition (which has nothing to do with camp or summer or anything–work with me, it’s late….)
- Recommend a favorite worship resource or devotional book. Ah… easy. Brennan Manning’s Ragamuffin Gospel. Get back to the essence of God’s love for the impossibly imperfect but loved human being that I am.
- Recommend a blog that you like to read that you think others might find enjoyable. I’ll go with BoingBoing because I literally NEVER KNOW what they will talk about next. Like their post on the world’s smallest known vertebrate. A little wee froggie. Just good stuff.
- Recommend a fiction book that you think people might like. You MUST read The Hunger Games. End.
- Recommend a favorite recipe website. O.k., if you aren’t into cooking or food, then just recommend a random website that you find useful, hilarious, mind numbing or thought provoking. Well, hey. In the spirit of shameless self-promotion, why not visit my cooking blog? It’s relatively new, but I’m adding stuff (there’s a list of things I need to put up for folks.) Feel free to make a suggestion…if I have a recipe I’ll post it. It’s called Holy Spoons.
- And for the last recommendation–it’s bloggers’ choice! Make a recommendation for anything! I LOVE my Wake-up Light Alarm Clock. Now it comes with an iPod dock (sigh… I got one a year too soon!) For people like me who DO NOT LIKE TO GET UP, it is a gentle poke in the subconscious to get outta bed.