Sally offers this week’s Friday Five:
A simple Friday Five for a busy part of the year; indulge me by sharing two fives:
As you look back over 2011 share 5 blessings, they can be as grand or as simple as you like,if you year has been like mine they are probably a mixture! As you look towards 2012 share 5 hopes- again, anything goes! Pictures and songs welcome!
1. I had the dubious honor of sitting through three different hospital’s orientations. For the record, other than phone numbers and job titles, the information is 99.9% the same. Thank you, JCAHO.
2. Our two sophomores (one in high school, one in college) are now juniors. And we are starting to think about their senior years. And graduation. And what comes after that. I find that mind-blowing.
3. We didn’t get to the beach for a vacation. That’s the first time that’s happened in a long time. In fact, this was the year for “staycations” since we were not able to leave town when everyone was home.
4. Our house has 8 fewer wisdom teeth, and MANY fewer dollars.
5. A song that expresses my thankfulness is “How He Loves Us” as sung by Kim Walker and Jesus Culture. I know it’s not a new song this year, but it’s probably one of the most powerful songs I sing to God.
1. I will be DONE with CPE!!! Then it’s just that little matter of getting a job. And yes, if it is a new hospital, I will sit through yet another day of orientation.
2. Bearded Brewer and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage. God is faithful. And I sure do love him.
3. I’m pondering what “regular exercise” I can build into my schedule, and keep it up. I’m thinking maybe swimming again since it is the easiest on my joints and gives me a whole body workout. (Ask me in March how I’m doing with that, please!)
4. There’s more unknown than known for me once my CPE is done. Will I go to a hospital? Or a church? Or split the two? I’m probably going to spend some time in discernment with a Spiritual Director to help untangle the threads and follow God’s leading.
5. A song that reminds me I am in process and making progress: Tenth Avenue North’s song “This is Where the Healing Begins.”
I’m praying you find 2012 to be a joy-filled, growing year!