Presbyterian Gal of RevGals writes:
It’s August. An oppressively hot and humid month where many of us live.
I remember the Al Pacino movie though not much about the plot. Just that it was very, very hot. And he had giant sweat stains on his shirt.
As I pass through this year’s dog days in my felon ridden neighborhood (OK, just two housefuls. But isn’t that enough?), I am trying to focus on the blessings apparent around me, past and present, that I might not notice, necessarily. In that spirit, this week’s Friday Five goes thusly:
1. What is your sweetest summer memory from childhood? Did it involve watermelon or hand cranked ice cream? Or perhaps a teen summer romance. Which stands out for you?
Summers at the pool. Running in the sprinkler. Summer camp. And home-made Popsicles.
2. Describe your all time favorite piece of summer clothing. The one thing you could put on in the summer that would seem to insure a cooler, more excellent day.
My broomstick skirt and a tank top. Birkies, too.
3. What summer food fills your mouth with delight and whose flavor stays happily with you long after eaten?
The fruits of the season…. peaches. tomatoes. berries. Yuuuuummmmm. (Wait. Tomatoes ARE fruits, right??)
4. Tell us about the summer vacation or holiday that holds your dearest memory. Probably the way we end our summers – taking a week at the beach. It’s coming up next week… can’t wait!!!
5. Have you had any experience(s) this summer that has drawn you closer to God or perhaps shown you His wonder in a new way?
I would have to say being ordained this summer, surprisingly, spoke to my vision and my dreams, and reminded me that indeed God is in the middle of this thing called “life”! I had been told it was “just a piece of paper.” It is SO much more…
Bonus question: When it is really hot, humid and uncomfortable, what do you do to refresh and renew body and spirit? A nice tall glass of iced tea with mint and Splenda. And the sports section to read about college football! Fall will be here before we know it…
who says (for the first time this season…) HEY! QP!! O-H!