Singing Owl from RevGalBlogPals writes:
Lingering effects of a cold have me watching more television than usual. There appears to be a resurgence of the old daytime staple–the quiz show. Except they are on during prime time, and a great many of them offer the chance of winning one million dollars.
I think it started with Regis Philbin and “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” but now we have a half dozen or so.
My husband and I started musing (after watching “Deal or No Deal”) about what we could do with a million dollars. I thought I’d just bring that discussion into the Friday Five this week. It’s simple. What are five things you would want to do with a million dollar deposit in your bank account?
Oh, the mind boggles. Travel? Charity? Family? Church? Meeeeeee??? First I’d call Mike, our financial planner and say “HELP US!!!” Then, I’d change my phone number. In my heart, I’d like to be holy, but chances are I wouldn’t be completely well behaved. The temptations to just blow it are incredible… but here goes…
1. Tithe: AH. Such a dirty word. But $100K goes to God. Period. Probably a lot of it would go locally to our church and then to organizations we already support.
2. Education: Each kid would get $200K into some kind of education fund. The Harpist is a junior in high school, so hers would need to be more liquid. Reedy Girl has 5 more years.
3. Travel: I’ve been to Europe numerous times. It’s time to take the family and go. They, too, need a moment with God in a jacuzzi in the German Alps!!! Let’s blow $200K there.
4. Home Improvements: We have some big ticket items we have not done that we need to do. Our kitchen, namely, and some landscaping to keep the driveway and front walk from sliding down the hill. So, that’s an easy $200K. Which leaves me with…
5. Mad Money: $100K for some domestic travel we’ve never done… Hawaii? The Grand Canyon? Colorado Rockies? The Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota? (eh… no…)
Here’s to dreams… and the money to fund them!