NaBloPoMo Day 17: Let’s join up with Laura Stephens-Reed:
Write about a spiritual practice that keeps you connected to God and to others.
I have created lists of people that I care about and pray for, which I have updated over the years. I have them divided by rough categories into days of the week:
- Monday: My husband and daughters and their significant friendships
- Tuesday: My extended family (mom, sibs, niece and nephews)
- Wednesday: My church and its leaders
- Thursday: My ministry responsibilities (currently, I’m a hospice chaplain, so that’s a big list)
- Friday: Small group or affinity group (currently it’s a group of 6 women pastors that meet together monthly)
What about Saturday and Sunday? Those are days that I just let people, situations and things come to mind and I pray.
Lest you think I am spending massive hours in a holy prayer closet, I am not… It’s a moment to stop, remember and pray. What do I know concerns them? What worries or celebrations do they have? I send a bunch of love and light their way.
Simple things for simple minds…