Revkarla at RevGals hosts this week’s Friday Five:
It’s Friday, and TBTG! Even when I work all weekend, I still love that “Friday feeling”, you know? PLUS~~it’s summer! So, for a summer Friday Five, here are a few thoughts to ponder upon:
1. What makes you happy in your happy hour? (kicking off shoes, reading a book, a cocktail, lemonade~~essentially, what do you do to relax at the end of your week…)
When the kids were younger it was pizza and a movie. Now it’s more likely to be knitting and a cat on my lap.
2. I have a pair of shorts that I jump into the minute I get home for the evening–every day in the summer. What’s your favorite summer “garment”?
I have a couple of cotton sundresses (maxi length) that are my faves. Comfort + coolness is essential!
3. I have discovered, after living here in New England for 7 years, Ipswich fried clams. Oh. my. OH MY! Do you have a summer food you might splurge on once or twice in the summer?
Hmmm… I think it would have to be shrimp. Fresh shrimp grilled with a garlic and butter sauce. Oh YES PLEASE.
4. Do you have a specific fond memory of summers of your childhood?
Summers at camp, swimming and canoeing. Also making the trek to see grandparents and other relatives. This meant long car rides (some of it pre-interstate). Popsicles, too!
5. Use these words in a sentence: snail, baby duck, camper, ice cream, surfboard, cherries.
I’m short on brain cells this morning. I’ve got nothing.