Last week and this week, I am driving long distances in Texas, first to Houston and today to Austin from Corpus Christi: both times to meet relatives from Canada flying here. This makes me think of trips taken in my life: vacation, moving, visiting relatives, visiting friends, seeking a new home, going away to school, and probably many more.
For today’s Friday Five, tell about five different trips you have made in your life due to different reasons, modes of travel, or whatever category you choose!
It’s fitting that this Friday Five comes up this week as I have family traveling in Germany this week and next!
1. I am blessed in that I was able to visit several places in Germany, France and Switzerland with my family. Most notably is this memory of sitting in a warm stone spa chair, watching the Alpenglow:
2. I went on a mission trip to France, where I was part of a team that supported and encouraged a church plant in Poitiers.
We did some sightseeing and traveling around the region. This is picture of a vineyard in winter:
And it is also the trip where I tried (and LOVED!!) escargot!
3. As a family, we enjoy our trips to coastal South Carolina. Such peace. Such beauty.
4. We also took a trip to the Colorado Rockies one summer. Besides driving on the TEENIEST TINIEST road with no guardrails I’ve ever driven on, the views were so majestic and grand.
5. I had opportunity to travel to Ireland with family. I learned a lot about my family’s history (thanks to my mom) and saw some of the loveliness of Ireland. The Giant’s Staircase was truly amazing.
I’ll be back at the beach this summer. The other places? Maybe some day I’ll do a return trip!
I love the photos. So many of my trips are without photos, or without digital access to them. You have had some amazing trips.
I recognize some of your Colorado Rockies pictures! I love the Rockies! For the last 3 years, I’ve attended a continuing ed event there; the Lutheran Academy of the Rockies! I’m already counting the days until I get to go again this summer!!
Loved traveling with you as you remembered these trips. The pictures are glorious and add so much! Thank you!