Revkjarla has today’s prompt:
Seriously, though, the last month has been charged with so much professionally and personally, and my mantra has been, “Keep Calm and …….”, filling in the blank many ways. Sometimes its “and breathe”, sometimes it’s “and pray”, and other times it’s “and call your friends”, which seems to be the most used one, because my friends are the souls that remind me to breathe, pray, laugh–and even sometimes, to “cowgirl up!”
So, in that spirit, here is your Friday Five:
1. First, how are you doing? What’s going on with you?
I’m (quite honestly) really, REALLY exhausted. In the last 10 days, I’ve worked three 16 hour (overnight) shifts and one 8 hour shift. I’m tired! (Or, as they say in the Carolinas, “Ah’m Tarred.”)
2. Is there anything you need to Keep Calm and Cowgirl Up for?
Not really. Getting through last night’s shift (16 hours) was my Cowgirl up moment. Vacation is in sight…. Soon. Soooo soon.
3. If you were going to make a “Keep Calm and __________” logo for a t-shirt, what would it be?
“Keep Calm and Untwist Your Knickers.” For all those times we (I) get my knickers in a twist about the minutia of life.
4. What are you looking forward to in the next week or so?
My toes in the sand and a margarita in my hand. (Didn’t mean to rhyme… but it works!)
5. Use the following words in a sentence: cape, river, dancing, paws, glory
“Glory be,” thought River, dancing in the waves at the Cape, “after a pedicure, these ol’ paws of mine look real purty!”
Graphic courtesy of the Keep Calm and Carry On creator!