From RevGal Pat:
It’s May! And it smells so good outside. I can close my eyes and remember the golden hours after dinner as the days grew later and later, and we got to play outside until called home. It makes me want to go outside right now and play! Of course, not all of us are in the northern hemisphere… plenty of RevGals and Pals are experiencing a season that is turning cold and blustery. So to all of you, wherever you may be, how will you (or would you like to) play this month?
1. Tell about your favorite outdoor play: I LOVE volleyball. It’s not exactly a sport you can play by yourself. However, whenever there’s an opportunity for embarrassing myself in front of a group of friends, I love joining into a game. 🙂 I played intramural volleyball in college and co-rec in grad school. And, in the interests of honesty, I played with a lot more enthusiasm than skill.
2. Tell about your favorite indoor play: This is a toss up between our family favorites of Mexican Train, Bananagrams, Apples2Apples and Scrabble. We’re an exciting bunch, aren’t we?
3. Tell about a game you (or your friends) created: My family has a version of Solitaire that is now in its second generation of devotees called ‘Thwappa-wappa.” Yes. It’s four-handed Solitaire. (Or five or six — but it gets a little dicey with more than that.) It is a cut-throat, killer-competitive game where, yes, you play Solitaire (the three-at-a-time card turn version) and play on everyone’s aces in the middle.
4. Tell about a game that is new to you: Draw Something, perhaps? It’s one of the newer games on my phone/iPad. In non-electronic form, it would be Bananagrams.
5. Tell how you would like to incorporate play into your workday: My workday at present is all night. So the only way I get to “play” is if I pull out my phone and play a round of Words With Friends.
I wish you could teach me how to play Mexican Train! I play Draw Something off and on, but prefer Words With Friends. Thanks for reminding me of Bananagrams.
I love bananagrams!