It’s my week to host the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five!
As we take a breather from the busy weekend of Sunday/Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, it’s time to reflect on the past year. It’s hard to move out of this holiday season with its delights and celebrations. Here at our home, we’ve barely finished the eggnog. The tree is still up and our cats delight in knocking off the lower (unbreakable) ornaments. As we are rounding the final turn on the year 2012, I hope you’ll play along with these questions. 🙂
1. What’s some “old news” this year that you’d like to repeat for 2013?
I‘ve been blogging more intentionally, more thoughtfully. Since I’m not in a ministry which involves regular preaching, it’s also been a discipline in staying in touch with the Lectionary and the Church Year.
2. What “new thing” have you started that you want to keep going in 2013?
I learned how to knit! And purl! And at the moment, I’m attempting a baby sweater, which may be completed for a friend’s baby (as yet unborn) before he outgrows it.
3. What event, experience or gift would you just as soon “Return to Sender”? Maybe it was a disastrous sermon, a congregational kerfuffle, a vacation nightmare, or your own mis-step. It can be funny or sad.
If it’s all the same to you, I’d rather not repeat the experience of a blowout in the middle of nowhere, Adirondacks, with “Ichabod” and “Stretch” as our rescuing mechanics! (Cue banjo music… and paddle faster!!!)
4. Share the brightest bit of joy that was a part of your year.
Seeing the ways that our lovely daughters, Reedy Girl and The Johnnie, are growing and moving through this world. They both graduate in the spring of 2013 (college and high school). I am so proud of them!
5. Share a picture that says far more than words. (You can use it to illustrate one of the above.)
Here they are! The Johnnie and Reedy Girl!
Share a recipe! I’m in the doldrums and need some healthy eating options for my menu planning. Soup, stew, main dish, side dish or a healthy dessert – any and all are welcome!
HELP! I need somebody! HELP! Not just anybody! HELP! You know I need someone! HELLLLPPPP!!!