Rev Kjarla offeres this week’s Friday Five:
It’s the Second Friday of the Month Friday Five… and you know what that means–yet another edition of a Random Friday Five!
So, without further ado, let’s get our random on!
1. If a spaceship landed in your back yard, and three very cute little aliens knocked on your door and asked you to show them around Earth, where would you take them? (Remember, you have superpowers from last month’s Second Friday Five, so if you need to use them for transportation, feel free to do so.)
First I’d ask them to go do CPR on our nosy neighbor who just had a heart attack because they saw the whole thing come down. (We all have at least ONE neighbor who is too much in everyone’s “bidness” right? I think ours would have a heart attack.) Then since they’d likely performed an west-to-east landing pattern over Planet Earth, we’d go over the the Atlantic coast and check out the really cool barrier islands in the Carolinas. Finally, I’d take them to the Fox News studio where they can meet up with their own kind.
2. What is making you grumpy these days?
People who are eeeeejits.
3. O.K., so now that you got the grumps out, what is one thing today that will be sheerly joyful for you?
Another walk on the beach, thanks.
4. I am pitifully, once again, trying to grow a garden. Last year I only harvested one cucumber. This year, I have zucchini, cucumbers and tiny tomato plants. Everything is abloom, but the jury is out whether there will be any yield. So, do YOU have a garden? What are you growing? If you don’t, what is your favorite fresh summertime vegetable/fruit/flower?
I have one tomato plant which is just about ready to die. I have herbs and flowers.
5. If the aforementioned aliens suddenly demanded all the contents of your closet, OR ELSE (as in clothing, shoes, etc.) but kindly said you could keep three items, what would they be?
Well, I wouldn’t be asking for my clericals and dress clothes. I’d keep a pair of jeans, a comfy top and a pair of sandals.
Feel free to play along. 🙂