First, a great video:
RevKJarla of RevGalBlogPals writes:
This Friday-Saturday is our annual Women’s Retreat at my church. It’s one of my favorite 24 hours of the year, because we enjoy each other, we laugh, we cry, we support each other..and all of that good stuff!
So, since I am in the WR mode, let’s talk about women in your life!
1. Name a woman author you very much love to read. I love me some Anne Lamott. She rocks.
2. Name a woman from the Bible with whom you would like to enjoy a nice long coffee talk. I’m thinkin’ I’d just have a great chat with Deborah. We share a name, and I suspect a lot more than that. 🙂
3. Name a famous woman from history with whom you would like to have lunch. Mmmm…. I think I’ll go with Madam Marie Curie. She used her brilliant mind and changed history, science and politics.
4. Name a living famous or infamous woman with whom you would like to go out to dinner. I’d love to talk with Martha Stewart, if for no other reason that to get her to relax. RE-LAX MARTHA!!! and take life a leeetle less seriously. Who knows? Maybe I could persuade her to wear mismatched socks, and leave her Christmas wreath on her door until February. OK. Maybe not…
5. If you could be SuperWoman (o.k., I know you already ARE) what three special powers would you like to have? First, I’d be able to use one of those wands that Molly Weasley has — to get the chores done while I’m off doing something else a whole lot more fun. Second, I’d love to have a photographic memory so that I don’t have to look stuff up — I’d just know it, once I’d read it. And third, I’d like to be able to fly. It’d make the commute time so much easier. (“Here comes the chaplain — she’s on the heliport pad now!”)