Sally of RevGalBlogPals writes:
I am very much a visual person. I can’t DO those details if I don’t know why. For instance, back in the day when I did keypunch (never mind if you are too young to know what that means,) I badgered a programmer to explain to me WHY the spaces were so important. I wanted to know HOW a cardstacker worked. (Not that I understood his answers, but “just because” doesn’t cut it for me.)
If I don’t see the big picture, I don’t WANT to keep up with the details. I need to understand “what happens” if I don’t do them. Sometimes it is enough for me to comply and DO them. A great example is when I learned HTML. Not closing the brackets or quotes can make for a really funny looking page layout. 🙂
I can’t do all of them. There are too many ideas for this question. So let’s just take “Music that Transports Deb for 1000.” Alex!
(And I am guessing you didn’t mean “The Age of Aquarius” and lava lamps from another age… )
Here’s what sends me from my iTunes playlist…
- Pat Matheny: “Peace Memory” from the CD “One Quiet Night”
- Phil Keaggy: “In the Quiet Hours”
- Sylvia Woods: “Morning Calm” from the CD “The Harp of Brandiswhiere”
- Bebo Norman: “Where the Trees stand still” from the CD “Myself when I am Real”
- U2 and Bono: “Still Haven’t Found,” “Where the Streets have no name,” and “When love comes to town” from the CD “The best of 1980-1990”
- Sting: “Fields of Gold”
- Christy Nockels: “Grace Flows Down” from Passion Band “Top 5” CD
- A Fine Frenzy: “Hope for the Hopeless” from “One Cell in the Sea”
- and finally…
- Denyce Graves singing just about ANYTHING!
In case you wondered, I am a true eclectic when it comes to music!
Mountains and rivers. Quiet streams. Flowers. Rainbows. My cats snoozing.
5. A picture opportunity… post one if you can
Are you tired of seeing this picture yet? Picture, if you will, in the hidden foreground, a hot tub and a glass of chardonnay…
NOW I am relaxed!