I am getting a cold just before my student sermon this Sunday. What great timing. (not) I really feel like crawling into the nearest hole… but I have made it through making Thanksgiving dinner (with help) and Beloved Bearded Spouse is going to do the rest of the clean up. I am taking a break from sermon prep. I’m trying not to complain here, but this demon of a cold could have waited until next week. Ya know?
OK. An antidote to complaining is gratitude… or so I am going to preach… (very funny, Lord.) So for a taste of my own medicine, here’s 10 things that make me thankful for this cold.
- purr therapy from Tiria (apparently I am forgiven for leaving for 10 days)
- throat spray called “Singer’s Saving Grace”
- robitussin cough gels (last 8 hours)
- it’s not the flu
- it’s not bronchitis
- I don’t have to sing this week
- so far I haven’t given this bug to anyone else
- I’m getting out of cleaning up after a turkey dinner