Songbird at RevGalBlogPals writes:
I hate to say it, but over the years I’ve been to too many parties where I, or the birthday child, has felt much like the chorus of Lesley Gore’s old tune. I am therefore not the biggest fan of birthday parties.
For this Friday (which happens to be my birthday), tell us these five things about parties, birthday or otherwise.
1) Would you rather be the host or the guest?
I don’t mind being either.
2) When you are hosting, do you clean everything up the minute the guests go home? Will you accept help with the dishes?
Clean up “EVERYTHING”? No. Clean up enough so that there’s room on the counter to fix breakfast, yes. And oh YES – help is always welcome.
3) If you had the wherewithal, and I guess I mean more than money, to throw a great theme party, what would the theme be?
A Hawaiian luau – in Hawaii, natch.
4) What’s the worst time you ever had at a party?
When the guy I thought was my date was there to hook up with someone else.
5) And to end on a brighter note, what was the best?
This is actually most of the time – when I can look around, and see the faces of people that I love…
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times, and your laughter too
We’re gonna celebrate your party with you
CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES, C’MON!