The RevGals Friday Five:
Friday Five: ch- ch- ch- ch- changes
1. Share, if you wish, the biggest change you experienced this past year.
Easy. For some reason (or possibly, a lack of reason,) I went back to seminary after 25 years.
2. Talk about a time you changed your mind about something, important or not.
Oh it’s always the big decisions that get me. Paper or plastic? Caffeinated or decaffeinated? Leaded or unleaded? Beetle or Rabbit? White or blush? Red or green?
3. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a controversial book called “Why Christianity Must Change or Die.” Setting aside his ideas–what kind of changes would you like to see in the Church?
Myron Augsburger expressed it very nicely: that people will be used in the church according to their gifts, not their genes.
4. Have you changed your hairstyle/hair color in the last five years? If so, how many times?
Nope. It’s pretty much the same. Short-ish, layered and wash-and-wear. The only real change is those, uh, “natural variants” in hair color. (And I don’t mean summer-induced blonde streaks!)
5. What WERE they thinking with that New Coke thing?
Who knows? WERE they thinking? I mean – the big hair, leggings, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Max Headroom, Moonwalking, “popped” Izod collars… wait! wait! that sounds like some of the high school stuff today! Whoda thunk that leggings would be back? I mean… eeeww…
My bonus question: A song with CHANGE in the title?
Current favorite – John Mayer’s “Waiting for the World to Change” (We’re doing it on Sunday!)
Change ain’t all bad – look at one result – I have been blessed with the camaraderie and encouragement of the REVGALS!
From our home to yours…