Sometimes we say it with just a smudge of sarcasm. Just a smidge.
I’m DONE. Stick a fork in me.
This is far different. This moment for me is one of many years of study, working, reading, writing and preparation. Tonight I finished editing and compiling all of the paperwork necessary to apply to become a Board-Certified Chaplain. It means that I have:
- a Masters of Divinity from an accredited seminary
- ordination and endorsement from a recognized faith group
- four semesters (or “units”) of Clinical Pastoral Education via ACPE (Association of Clinical Pastoral Education)
- working as a professional chaplain and accruing hours
- writing on how I meet the 30 competencies of a professional chaplain — or try to
Next I meet with a certification committee who ask more in-depth questions about the 100+ pages I have assembled. They will determine if I can be recommended for board certification. That could happen as early as March 2015.
SO now… we wait. And relax. And do a little knitting!
I’m profoundly grateful. This journey has been a long one. VERY long. Yet God has been with me every step of the way, surrounding with with encouragers and friends.
Thanks be to God.